|Project Details||AMRITSAR - DELHI - KOLKATA INDUSTRIAL CORRIDOR (ADKIC)|
Length: 1840 Kms
Influence Area: 5.5 lakh Sq. Kms
07 States – Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, and West Bengal
20 Cities – Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Ambala, Saharanpur, Delhi, Roorkee, Moradabad, Bareilly, Aligarh, Kanpur, Lucknow, Allahabad, Varanasi, Patna, Hazaribagh, Dhanbad, Asansol, Durgapur, and Kolkata
Nodes: The development of ADKIC will be taken up in a band of 150-200 Kms on either side of EDFC, in a phased manner. In the first phase, State could promote at least one cluster of min. 10 Sq. Kms (1000 ha.) area to be called as Integrated Manufacturing Cluster (IMC), in which 40% area would be earmarked permanently for manufacturing and processing activities.
Funding Agency: World Bank - $2075 million (for EDFC Phase I and II); Indian Central Govt. (49%) and State Govts. Maximum financial commitment of about Rs. 5749 Crores, extended over 15 years, by way of budgetary support by the Central Government.
Current Status: Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corpn. Ltd. (DMICDC) has been entrusted with the work of undertaking the feasibility study of AKIC as the nodal agency. DMICDC has since identified and appointed M/s LEA Associates South Asia Pvt. Ltd. as Consultant for preparation of Perspective Plan for AKIC Project. The consultant has submitted the interim Report, which has been discussed with the stakeholders.
Additional Info: In the first phase, an estimated maximum financial commitment of about Rs. 5749 crores, (for seven IMCs each of 10 Sq. Kms (1000 ha.)) phased over 15 years, by way of budgetary support by the Central Government, is proposed.
This would include support for:
1. Interest subvention (4% over a period of 15 years proposed on loans that may be taken by State Government for land acquisition, subject to a ceiling of Rs. 20 Crores per cluster per annum) – will be available within one year of grant of In-principle approval for clusters. – Rs. 2100 Crores
2. Development of trunk infrastructure – Rs. 3500 Crores (Rs. 40 lakhs per hectare with Rs. 10 lakhs per hectare for timely completion)
3. Initial grant to ADKICDC for Project Development – Rs. 100 Crores
4. IMG has recommended a two stage approval mechanism, an “in-principle” and “final approval”. “Final Approval” for clusters will only be considered after SPV obtains possession of at least 75% of the land for cluster.
5. Infrastructure: Connectivity to be provided by – Railway, Inland Waterway, MoRT&H
6. Power – State Govt. to facilitate with full creation of captive power plants by private players with full authority for generation, transmission & distribution; & allow open access to units as per regulations of SERC.
7. Water – State Govt. to allocate Surface water from viable sources for IMC. IMC to be enabled to have / own facilities for tapping / extraction, treatment and distribution
Connectivity: Aligned on Eastern dedicated freight corridor (150 - 200 Kms both side)
1) Inland Waterways : Allahabad to Haldi NW 1 on Ganga River [Declared] – Haldia (Sagar) – Farakka (560 Kms); Farakka – Patna (460 Kms); Patna – Allahabad (600 Kms). 10 Proposed Junctions Allahabad; Varanasi; Chunar; Patna; Bhagalpur; Karagola; Farakka; Pakur; Kolkata; and Haldia.
2) Proposed Inland: 40 Proposed Inland Waterways Projects
International Airports : Amritsar; Delhi; Lucknow; Varanasi; and Kolkata [Active]
3) Domestic Airports : Ludhiana; Chandigarh; Kanpur; Patna; Behla; Varanasi; Gorakhpur; and Panagiri. [Active]
4) Proposed Airports : Mathura International Airport; Taj International Airport; Datia Madhya Pradesh [Greenfield]; Durgapur, West Bengal [Greenfield]; Kushingar Uttar Pradesh
5) Ports: Kolkata; Sagar; and Haldia
6) Highways : NH 2 (Delhi – Kolkata) [Comes under Golden Quadrilateral; NH 2 is four lane and six lane work under progress].
7) Proposed Metro Transport Network :Chandigarh; Delhi; Kanpur; Lucknow; Patna; Kolkata
8) Dams: Narora; Rihand; Bokaro; Panchet; Konar; Talaiya
9) Hydro Power Plants : Bhakra Nangal, Bilaspur, UP (1325 MW), Obra, Sonbhardra, UP (1288 MW), Rihand, Sonbhardra, UP (3000 MW)
10) Thermal Power Plant : Bathinda, Punjab (460 MW) , Panipat, Haryana (1360 MW) ,Badarpur, Delhi (705 MW) , Dadri ,Gautam Buddh Nagar, UP (817 MW) , Faridabad, Haryana ( 55 MW), Harduaganj Aligarh, UP (665 MW), Dibiyapur Auriya, UP (652 MW) , Panki Kanpur, UP (220 MW) , Rosa Shahjahanpur, UP (1200 MW), Vidyutnagar Sonbhadra, UP (1500 MW), Unchahar Raebareili, UP (1050 MW) , Obra Sonbhadra, UP (1288 MW) , Anpara Sonbhadra, UP (1630 MW) , Barauni Begusarai, Bihar (220 MW) , Farakka Mushidabad, West Bengal (2100 MW), Suri Birbhum, WB (1050 MW) , Durgapur Burdwan, WB (350 MW) ,Hoogly Bandel, WB (450 MW) , Mecheda Medinipur, WB (1260 MW), Puruliya Puruliya, WB (980 MW)
11) Nuclear Reactor : Narora - River Ganga will be the source of water.
|Environmental justice organisations and other supporters||Corridor Virodhi Sangharsh Abhiyan, National Alliance of Peoples' Movements, Narmada Bachao Andolan, Paryavaran Suraksha Samiti, Sarvahara Jan Andolan, ICAN, INSAF, Ghar Bachao Ghar Banao Andolan, Gujarat Khedut Samaj, Jagatikaran Virodhi Kruti Samiti, Gujarat Sarvodya Mandal, Kisan Sangharsh Samiti, Jan Sangharsh Vahini|